Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Turn Your Veins into a (Renewable) Power Source

so this is slightly tangential to all that we've been discussing this semester, in that it isn't specifically related to ADK. however, it IS directly related to questions about energy consumption, our use of non-renewable vs. renewable resources, and our immediate bodies. an intriguing art/science project from an Israeli graduate student that is at one and the same time brilliant and unnerving. it is critical of our addiction to energy while yet providing a potential solution...


oh, and if you haven't already, you should read Edward Bulwer-Lytton's The Coming Race (or Vril). A Victorian scifi novel that already got us (t)here!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I've never heard of anything like this before. I think it it certainly innovative and resourceful, and definitely questions our addiction to electronics, but I don't know if I would be interesting in using this....Very interesting post, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure a raging infection is worth an extra few minutes on the cell phone. I guess it depends on whom I'm emailing/texting/facebooking/talking to.

    ReplyDelete